Thursday, April 19, 2012

Deep Breaths

It has been a month since I have been on here. I haven't read any books lately. I am gearing up to return to college next month and wanted to give my brain a little break. I have one book that I am going to start reading today and I want to take my time and stretch it out until I don the backpack in the middle of May.

So what have I been up too? Well in March I threw my daughter a Sweet 16 Mardi Gras party and it was a huge success! I have posted tons of photos on Facebook but here is ONE for you. Those are some friends and the musician of the night. It was just amazing over all!!!

We have been doing some spring cleaning inside and out. Put a new roof on the garage. Cut down some trees and the basic gardening that takes place this time of year. I have also been planting spring flowers in pots.

On top of that, I have been in prayer and seeking God more. He has revealed some things to me that has/is making me a better person. When I started this search that I am speaking of... I felt I had several good, solid people/friends that I could count on. We would 'go' this together and God would open our eyes and hearts to things... unlock secrets within us, you could say. That started on the 25th of March. Today I honestly feel like I my 'people', in this area, are decreasing. That is OK, as I know this is about our own journey more than it is a 'group' thing. But I am feeling a little down. Like I am uneasy or holding back in my new-found knowledge. I don't think my other friends have unlocked 'their' secret and this makes them pull back. That hurts me and I want to help them... all I can really do to help them is PRAY. That is about them and God... NOT me. I have my own journey and I need to focus, hold tight and not feel defeated because they are pulling back from me. God is good and this is just a test. A test for me to hold on to what I know is true and real!

Aside from that, I am doing well and excited about all the secrets that God will unlock through time. My life has led me in many directions... sometimes I felt it pulled me. However I am stronger and I know more... I am a better person through all I have learned. Friends come and go... God never leaves us! In that, I will rejoice!

No comments: