Friday, March 16, 2012

Book Review: "What a Girl Wants"

WHAT A GIRL WANTS by Kristin Billerbeck

"As a successful patent attorney, Ashley Stockingdale has all the makings of a perfect catch-the looks and brains, even a convertible. But at 31, she's beginning to wonder if she's been passed over for good.
Deciding to adopt a new attitude. Ashely suddenly becomes the romantic interest of three men within a matter of days. While her heart enjoys turning the tables on the dating game, the rest of her previously predictable world is being turned upside down. Is it more than Ashley can handle? Or is it exactly what she wants?
An all-too-realistic picture of a single girl's search for being content with who she is... with or without a man."


I wasn't sure about this book, considering it was about a single woman and I am married. However, I totally enjoyed it! I could still relate to many of her actions and feelings. I love this excerpt: "He laughs and winks at me. It's a single move that clearly wasn't practiced. It's just natural. He owns way too much charm. "A proper dinner is at a restaurant with a maitre d" and sans my parents." "Do they have those restaurants here in Silicon Valley?" I wink back at him, but my mascara catches the lashes and I don't open my eye right away. Great. Now he thinks I have a tic. So much for the perfect makeup scenario."

I recommend this book!!! Great mix about a Christian woman... Looking for love... Waiting for phone calls and upset at the way life isn't fair!

No comments: