Thursday, December 10, 2009

From Pumping Milk to Pumping Iron...


I crack myself up sometimes with these Titles!

I had my 6 week post-op appt today. I asked about these two topics.

PUMPING MILK: Currently I am pumping 4 times a day for approx 20 min. She said when I am ready to stop to eliminate a pump session every 3-4 days. Until I am down to one then cut that time in 1/2 for a couple days and my body should get the hint. So according to that schedule I should plan on a 2 week step program.

PUMPING IRON: Currently I am pumping 3 times a week for approx 10 min. She said when I am ready to increase weights, listen to my body. I emailed Raphael (my exercise guru). He thought my exercise schedule of weights and walking was perfect for me at this stage of rehabilitation. He suggested over the next 2 weeks to increase my walking to build up my energy. So according to that schedule I should plan on a 2 week step program in this area, too!

2 comments:

tbsomeday said...

lol--it is a cute title
Raphael sounds like a guru name too!

Sounds like a good two week plan!

Unknown said...

The plan sounds perfect! Take it slow and easy, time is on your side.

I got nothing to add about the pumping milk...one topic I know nothing about, sorry.

hugs from across state lines
MikeZ

little known Smoke-factoid...I was born in West Lafayette and am technically a Hoosier.