Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Food

I am so hungry right now. My stomach is squeezed in between my uterus and other organs that I still have heart burn even though dinner was several hours ago. It seems that water gives me heart burn. Just frustrating to be hungry and unable to enjoy eating.

So I find myself researching diet plans for after the twins are born. I could continue my 'fresh plan' which consist of limiting my processed foods and eating more fresh, like fresh fruits and veggies. Although that is probably the best long term way to go, I know that 'low carb' will melt the pounds off quicker.

A huge key to losing weight is burning more calories than you take in. So I plan on pumping breast milk. According to the research I have done, I will burn 600 calories each day I pump. So.... I plan on taking advantage of the opportunity.

I have a fabulous fitness guru and a wonderful nutritionist that I know will be willing to direct me back to a healthier, fitter, sexier ME.

update: My blood test came back ok, although my iron is still low.

1 comment:

tbsomeday said...

glad the blood test is a-ok
i tested low on iron every time until.....i learned that calcium blocks iron absorption and vit c enhances it
once i started eating my iron rich foods with vit c rich foods and no diary, etc--i did awesome!

about the diet
whole/fresh foods works really well for me
i used to count calories(1200 or less/day) pre kiddos and exercise like mad and now i eat all i can eat of fresh healthy foods (app 2500 calories a day)
i feel happier and healthier than ever and weigh less too...that is until i went into my mini-depression eating crap for 2 1/2 weeks and feet MISERABLE...I am coming out of this one though and getting back on track

that's what has worked for me best
and of course pumping is awesome--good for you!