Friday, April 24, 2009

Books...

I was looking over my posts and noticed my mention of the Twilight Series. On Palm Sunday I obtained "Breaking Dawn" from my bff Jamie. By the following Monday night, I was done and returned it at our Ladies Circle of Love Meeting. I loved the series and was really sad it was over. Then I remembered that there was another book prematurely released on the Internet, Edwards version of "Twilight". So I looked up Stephanie Meyers' website and found that she so graciously put it on there for her viewer to read. The book isn't complete; however she felt that since it was 'leaked' out already, why make her readers feel bad by reading it from a neg. source. So Tuesday I started reading that and was done with the partial book by Thursday. Another great addition to the collection I plan to buy.

This past week I started reading "Mixed Blessings". It was so interesting! I didn't know what the book was about when I bought it... There wasn't an informational cover or anything. But I started reading this hardback novel... low and behold, it was about 3 couples facing INFERTILITY!!! How crazy is that?!?!? I cried when they cried and laughed at the blessing they finally got in the end. Some were mixed blessing, yet still blessings. Just so interesting to read about something that I am now surrounded by. Came at a perfect time since this coming week is...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shantay, have you ever read Tim LaHaye's newest series...The Jesus Chronicles? I've read his first three books, they're great reads!

have a great weekend

MikeZ

Shantay said...

No Mike I haven't. Thanks for the suggestion on a new book. I will look that one up the next time I go to the library. Have a good one!