Thursday, January 23, 2014

Chapter 2 Thoughts

I turn to food for many reasons. However in only this VERY short period I have come to realize that this isn't about my relationship with food. It is about my relationship with others and with God.

I have lost weight many times. Kept it off for a certain amount of time, then something would happen. I would see a NEED and before I knew it; I was putting this need in front of my own needs.

For instance, helping other people. I am a big helper, ask my husband!!! He doesn't mind me helping; however my help is always beyond the norm. I am not going to go into detail about all of that. Just know that if someone asked me to cut an apple, I would go buy a nice apple cutter, cut the apple for them and also give them the nice cutter. Silly example, I am sure. I hope you can understand what I mean. I have been blessed, no really CURSED with the ability to help others to a point where my family has made sacrifices for the 'help' given. When I put it that way, I can see that isn't any way to live. I tend to go beyond. Give more that I should more often, than not.

Lately God has been speaking to my heart. I need to prioritize the ranking in my life. They have been mixed up for some time. I knew that! The rankings often looked like a yoyo. One month this was first, next it would be something else. I would slowly climb my way back to the top and soon after achieving a goal... slowly slid back down to near the bottom.
God should always come first. I know that and I am working to make sure he will continue to be first. However the natural things/ people need to not be before my needs. It is not selfish to take time out to care for myself! It is necessary!

This doesn't mean that I can't help others. I just need to limit the extent of help given. My family should not suffer or make sacrifices, in order for me to help others beyond our means. (both financially and physically)

Be blessed!

No comments: