Thursday, June 25, 2009

Vacation Bible School


I had an awesome time last night teaching the lesson on the first night to the groups. The lesson room is decorated w/a huge tree on the wall, small picnic table & basket, leaves on the floor, a tent, sleeping bags, cooler, camping chairs, a canoe and fish on the floor by it. We sat under the tree and I told the story about Jesus choosing Peter to be one of his disciples. How Peter was a fisherman. After fishing all night and catching nothing, Jesus suggested a small change "cast the net on the other side of the boat". By obeying Jesus, Peter and his team of fishermen ended up catching more fish then they every had before. The main topic was how Peter and each of us are loved and accepted by Jesus. After the story we got in the boat and played a game. At the end I asked them to step out of the boat like Jesus asked Peter AND to follow Him. It was a great fun filled evening!

However, it was a long night! I didn't get home until almost 10:30 and it was 11:30 by the time my head hit the pillow. I was exhausted and woke up several times with my legs aching from all the standing & squatting I did. I prayed a prayer this morning that my body would hold up for 2 more days. lol

Tonight I will be in charge of games... and we are fishing! woohoo. I don't anticipate tonight being as late as last night. I will make sure I have my props ready for Friday's obstacle coarse then get home and to bed asap. However Friday evening will be late since I want to clean up the lesson room before leaving.

Ok deep breathes.. it was a blast and I had a great time!

ps. tomorrows my bday... yippie! I love birthdays!

No comments: