Friday, June 27, 2008

The Moderation Muscle Building Exercise

My moderation muscle is building strength.

Example. On the last day of our vacation, we purchased 2 lbs of home-made fudge. I had some the day we bought it, the following Saturday and Sunday (on the road days). Since we have been home (12 days) I have had a total of 4 cubic inches (yes I measured it) over the almost 2 week span. I am really happy about that and happy that the fudge is no longer around!

The key to building strength is to work the muscle and then rest it. We can't be good all the time, so we need to make sure we allow some down time so we arent over working this delicate muscle and end up with .... an injury!
ps. now there are other temptations... carrot cake and chocolate turtles (from my birthday). I gave several away yesterday. Maybe I should freeze the turtles for a treat, later?

No comments: