Thursday, July 12, 2012

A moment like no other.

So last night I get out of class and it is after 9pm. I decided to stop by JC Pennys to return some shoes that I had bought Ethan. As I pulled into the parking lot, I noticed all the inside lights were off and they were closed. I then decided to pop into Sears to pay my bill and check out their sales. It was at this point that I realized most places close at 9pm in Kokomo. LOL The mall was 'dark' and so was the inside of Sears. So, knowing that Target (which is attached to the other end of the mall) would more than likely be open, I cruised over there. Having no real reason to be in there... I walked around and looked for a few things I had decided that I needed earlier that day. Unfortunately they didn't have a single item on the list of 'new needs'. So I make my way back to the front of the store. I pass through the 'workout' clothes and noticed the clearance rack. I stopped to see if there was any good deals on yoga pants (been several years since I attempted yoga) and cute sport tops (been a month since I went to the YMCA). As those realities set in, I have an inward chuckle at myself. I am standing in Target looking for workout clothes and I haven't even been working out.

I almost text my friend. If I had, it would have said...
"I am in Target looking at yoga pants. Yoga Pants! LOL I don't even 'do' yoga, much less workout routinely! I think I am just addicted to shopping."

It had ME contemplating my situation.

1~ New workout clothes will not provide me with the motivation to workout.

2~ Rearranging my exercise room will not increase my energy level at 9pm.

3~ Organizing my day will not guarantee I will work out as planned.

HOWEVER

all of these things will help encourage me to do what I know I need to do.

No comments: