Monday, November 7, 2011

Book Review: The Sun Also Rises

The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway

"Paris in the twenties: Pernod, parties and expatriate Americans, loose-living on money from home. Jake is wildly in love with Brett Ashley, aristocratic and irresistibly beautiful, but with an abandoned, sensuous nature that she cannot change.When the couple drifts to Spain to the dazzle of the fiesta and the heady atmosphere of the bullfight, their affair is strained by new passions, new jealousies, and Jake must finally learn that he will never possess the woman he loves.Powerful, intense, visually magnificent, Fiesta: The Sun Also Rises is the novel which established Ernest Hemingway as a writer of genius."

I decided to read this book after I read THE PARIS WIFE. Well honestly I didn't read the book, I listen to it on CD. I enjoyed the parallel story. In the other book, this story was told and I found it interesting to see which character was equal to the 'real' person spoken of in THE PARIS WIFE. The book itself was not my 'cup of tea' and I would not have continued reading/listening to it, if it had not been on CD. LOL

No comments: