Friday, October 16, 2009

My, oh my how quickly things change.

Several things have changed since I last posted. 9 min contractions took me to LDR Wednesday night. Over night stay then released with the contractions being 11 min then. Got home exhaulsted (hard beds) Rested for a couple hour while the boy's parents were on their way. My Illinois doctor suggested getting my butt 'here' asap. So I am now in Illinois until delivery. I have spent the last 2 days in a hospital bed and am planning on 1 more. When we got into town Thurs I was to go to LDR for monitoring and steroid shot and I am still here. Praying I can go to M&M's house tomorrow and relax until D-day.

Got the 1st steriod shot last night.
Labs drawn for pre-eclampsia screen last night.
Currently in the process of a 24 hr urine collection.
Started Nifedipine last night, to stop my contractions that were 4 min apart.
Still having them, not sure how far apart they are. Just tired now and need some sleep!!!!

I had an u/s done this morning by a specialtist in high risk preg. Boys weigh 4.2 & 4.7 lbs. They look good. Both placenta are out of the way for a vag delivery. A has flipped head down... B is transverse.

At the hosp. back home the doctor checked me and said I was 1-2 cm and 20% effaced with a -2 station.

During the vag u/s he said without anyone poking and prodding in there... I appeared closed and he didn't expect me to deliver within the week b/c of the length of the cervix.

OK e'nuff of me... hope all is well.

3 comments:

tbsomeday said...

Good luck keeping those impatient little guys in!
Take care of yourself!

Abby said...

Hey there! Glad to read that you and the boys are doing OK. I nearly had pre-eclampsia with my first, so I can totally empathize with you about that! Go get some rest!! Hope everything goes smoothly from here on out. :)

Shantay said...

thank you both!!!

I am hoping they will discharge me this afternoon so I can rest in a real bed. LOL